YouTube videos – on your own
View brief videos on a variety of topics related to the job search. These videos are created by the CDC staff and employers.
General presentations – by Career Ambassadors
Request a presentation for your group, led by student leaders. These are ideal for residence halls, Greek life, or clubs where a mixture of majors will be in attendance. Typical topics are CDC services, resumes, interviews, or ePACK. Request a presentation from the career ambassadors.
Specific presentations – by CDC professional staff
Request a presentation for your professional society, honor society or class where specific information of interest to your major or college is desired. Contact your career counselor or co-op coordinator to make a request.
Professional LAUNCH Series – Spring 2014
This year the CDC is proud to announce the LAUNCH Series for motivated undergraduate students who want an edge in the competitive job market. The series is presented on Mondays at 4:30 OR Thursdays at 6pm; check ePACK for locations and to register. Sessions are fun and interactive and you will learn important tips to help you reach your future goals. If you come to six workshops you receive a Professional Development Certificate which you can document on your resume! All majors are welcome and at the end we will celebrate with a meal and a free t-shirt. It is a great way to make new friends and improve your chances of landing your dream job. Come to our first LAUNCH session to learn all about this new program or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. RSVP through ePACK TODAY!
|Feb. 3 and Feb. 6Preparing for Career Fairs
- How to deliver a winning elevator speech
- 4 Essential areas of preparation
- How to close your conversation with the recruiter
|Feb. 10 and Feb. 13Resumania ( Feb 13th Canceled )
- The 4 most common resume mistakes and how to avoid them
- The most important category on the resume
- The “Essential 10″
|Feb. 17 and Feb. 20Covering Cover Letters (and other professional communication)
- How to structure a cover letter
- Thank You notes
- Different kinds of cover letters
|Feb. 24 and Feb. 27Effective Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Using ePACK effectively
- Students and Professional Associations
- How to create your own internship
|Mar. 3 and Mar. 6How to Distinguish Yourself in an Interview
- The four most common kinds of interview questions
- 5 keys to acing the interview
- 2 things to do after the interview
|Mar. 17 and Mar. 20Make Your Net-WORK!
- How to develop champions in your life
- Ways to make a conversation turn into a networking opportunity
- Reasons why someone will want to help you – ways to ask for letters of recommendation
|Mar. 24 and Mar. 27Personal Branding: WHO you are | WHAT you do | WHY you’re different
- How to improve your google search results
- Find your top 3 personal strengths
- Online (free) resources to build your “brand”
|Mar. 31 and Apr. 3Are You (Linked)In?
- What is LinkedIn/Why use it as a student
- How to set up your LinkedIn Profile
- Joining LinkedIn Groups