Timing & Options
You can go directly on to graduate school or take time off to clarify your focus or achieve other goals. There are several options for graduate study — full-time, part-time, and distance programs — as well as options for support — fellowships, assistantships and tuition reimbursement programs offered by employers.
Making the decision
- Consult current advisors: academic advisor / pre-professional advisor.
- Review career information to determine if an advanced degree is required.
- Ask employers about career options with a graduate degree.
- Talk with current graduate students on campus.
- Consult graduate program advisors: graduate program director / graduate services coordinator.
- Research programs: Peterson’s / Princeton Review / US News & World Report.
- Meet with your career counselor.
Beginning the application process